Please read this piece and watch the shocking footage of a large-scale shark fin operation in Hong Kong. (I tell ya, if Mother Nature doesn’t sabotage the environment for all us humans the selfish, greedy Chinese will.)
This is a barbaric practice. It involves catching up to 70,000,000 sharks a year, literally only butchering the dorsal fin off, and tossing the sharks overboard, where they sink to the bottom and drown to death. It’s a shocking thing to see.
Absolutely sickening. Makes me hate being human.
It’s clear that this operation has moved its drying methods out of plain sight because of the rightful controversy that would erupt — and is now erupting.
- Shark fins left high and dry away from critical eyes (smh.com.au)
- Hong Kong dries thousands of shark fins on rooftops to avoid prying eyes of environmentalists (theprovince.com)
- Alarming sight: thousands of shark fins drying on Hong Kong rooftop (grindtv.com)
- Hong Kong shark fin drying moves out of public eye (cbc.ca)
- Hong Kong traders dry thousands of shark fins on roofs away from the public glare (vancouversun.com)