“[T]he strange way the elephant carcasses were found, clumped in circles, with the calves in the middle for protection, was yet another sign that a [Ugandan army] helicopter had corralled them together” for massacre.
This is a horrifying and infuriating (and brave) story about how the Chinese demand for ivory spells the extinction of the African elephant and rhino populations: Read it here:
An expert is quoted saying that if the Asian ivory demand was halted, then the ivory trade would all but dry up.
How to stop all these elements: the Asian ivory demand, the Chinese workers in Africa, their government conspirators, the American-backed national armies (Uganda), the Kony-style rebel militias looking for funding money for weapons, the Asian crime syndicates, the crushing African poverty….How to stop this madness?
- Slaughter on a huge scale: do you want your children to grow up in a world without elephants? (smh.com.au)
- US-Funded Armies Slaughtering Record Number of Elephants | Common Dreams (2012indyinfo.com)
- Africa in grips of epic elephant slaughter (smh.com.au)
- US-Funded Armies Slaughtering Record Number of Elephants (commondreams.org)
- Wildlife Wednesday. Thousands of Elephants Slaughtered by Helicopter Snipers in Africa. (booksforever1blog.wordpress.com)
- Africa’s Elephants Are Being Slaughtered in Poaching Frenzy (nytimes.com)
- Africa’s Massive Elephant Slaughter Increasingly Militarized, Mafia-ized (treehugger.com)
- US-Funded African Armies Slaughtering Elephants (newser.com)