I came across this article today.
A rare Sumatran elephant — because of depleting habitat in Indonesia due to the insane quest for fuc$ing palm oil — was poisoned by villagers because it was apparently straying into cropland!
I mean they killed it instead of finding a more sane alternative!
Who the F does that? Oh, I know — back-assward Indonesia does. I am so enraged that I can’t see straight.
I have got to find a job where I can try to save such creatures and their habitat before they’re gone!
- Sumatran elephant found poisoned in Indonesia (sacbee.com)
- Deforestation and What is left of life (pandabones.wordpress.com)
- Indonesia to investigate contested oil palm concession as governor loses election in Sumatra (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)
- Orangutan Emergency in Indonesia: The Edge of Extinction (huffingtonpost.com)
- Governor of Aceh who signed palm oil permit: plantation in Tripa “morally wrong” (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)